Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Nichole Nordeman Has A Standing Appointment At Tuck-in Time

My youngest has never been the best sleeper, so it took about three seconds to start singing to him. Even when he was colicky, it seemed to soothe him. I've have tried everything, from the Beatles, Show Tunes, to my own lyrics to the tune of Frere Jacques. More recently I've struck nap/bed time gold with a Nichole Nordeman song titled My Offering. He'll be two and a half next month and his vocabulary and his curiosity are growing every day, so it makes sense that this would be the song that sticks out to him. The verses are very visually descriptive, yet simple, imagining that the singer was grass or a cloud or a mountain, and how she would still give an offering of praise. My son always requests this during tuck in, with his adorable version of English, saying "Wait! We haf to sing my osserig!" Now, even when I'm too tired to sing, he requests it and I have to give in. And it warms my heart to have even the youngest of our family singing to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment