Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Kid Food, Banana Peppers and A Dash of Wasabi

In my efforts as a stay at home Mom, I've discovered that summer lunches are more of a challenge. I have three children, with another one on the way, but my two oldest are in school. So, during school I tended to throw something together for my two year old and it was simple and easy. Then I would make something for my lunch when he was napping. When I have all three of them, lunch takes more effort and I often opt out of a separate meal and either skip lunch or eat kid food. I've gotten creative, though, because sometimes kid food is not so appetizing. The pregnancy cravings are probably giving me inspiration, as well. Today, I sliced up apple, and cooked some chicken nuggets. Boring! I decided for my plate, I would spice it up and made some wasabi-mayo for dipping sauce. It sounded good and tasted really good! I took some prepared wasabi paste and threw about 1/2 tsp in with 2 tbsp of mayo. It may have been more. I tasted it and kept adding the wasabi. If you are squeamish about spice you should probably add it gradually, to taste. I think next time I'll even get crazier and put my nuggets on a sandwich. I've also recently chopped banana peppers and put them in my mac-n-cheese. It was awesome, but I leave this to your discretion as to whether it was a craving or a stroke of genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment